Thursday, November 10, 2011

Written on June 16th, 2005

There is so much I never got to say. I had so many chances but I threw them all away. You meant the world to me, I just didn't know it then. Now I'm constantly reminded over and over again. I had so much love but more than that was pride. Afraid of getting hurt, I kept the love inside. At the time I thought, "Better you than me!" But love's not a competition; that took too long to see. Now I've memories and thoughts of what could have been, and knowing that those memories will never be again. That's all in the past, and though we've both moved on, I still have to wonder if the love is really gone. Our connection was so strong, our feelings went so deep; how can someone else have your heart when it was mine to keep? I know I really hurt you; I made some HUGE mistakes. I didn't know the pain that goes with a heart when it breaks. I'm sorry this all happened; I loved and then I lost. I put my own selfish wants first and you were the cost. It's over and it's done, but every now and then, I close my eyes and imagine what was and will never be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment